Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rockin' New Year's Eve

It's 8pm, and I can barely keep my eyes open. My heart goes out to everyone working in emergency and critical care settings today, tonight, and tomorrow, whether it be with people or with animals, because holidays in the ER are crazytown. Crazy. Town. And on the way home from my little workday, I decided to brave WalMart for Mo's birthday party supplies. I was simply not in the right frame of mind. Every decision was agonizing. Striped napkins or polka dots? Slinkies or markers for favors? Do I need more alphabet stickers? An hour and a half elapsed in this manner. Sheesh. I did enjoy wishing all sorts of strangers a very Happy New Year, though. And did it with a smile.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas. We did. What a glut! I have so many homemade cookies at my beck and call right now, I could glitter glue them all together into a full sized igloo. A delicious igloo. It's enough to tempt Hansel and Gretel off the beaten path, and certainly enough to derail the correction of my wayward cholesterol levels. But I certainly won't construct a cookie igloo. Imagine all the crumbs in my igloo bed!

I'm so tired I'm typing nonsense now.

Delicious nonsense.

I've been MIA for a last week or so because we're having technical difficulties with our desktop. The motherboard blew up, and the new tower seems to have a few issues as well. So for now I'm typing missives from the wilderness known as Robb's laptop. I think you know how I feel about laptops. Me and my crucially first world problems.

Right-o, I have to make up the favor bags before I doze off. No way I'm making it to midnight this year. I'll be lucky to see 8:45pm at this rate. Cheers, y'all!

No comments: