Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fell into a book hole today but now I'm back

Confirmed nerd right here. I read that Hunger Games book last week. Then paced like a caged animal until I got my hands on Catching Fire. And then was really ticked that the library was closed Sunday AND Veteran's Day, so I couldn't pick up Mockingjay until this morning. I finished it already. The second book was my favorite. The first is a little fluffy, and the third is pretty dark like that final Harry Potter book. Maybe I should have read them more slowly and savored the story. I'm going to have a major book-series-hangover for the rest of the week. I'll be turning it over and over in my head. And of course there's the problem of what to read next. I could always continue binge reading Suzanne Collins. Has anyone read her Underland Chronicles series?

2 comments:

Diana said...

I read the Underland Chronicles - make sure you have all of them before you start the first one - they are for a younger audience than the Hunger Games, and even shorter.

Barb Mowery said...

Good tip--thanks, Diana! I'll check my library.