Thursday, March 14, 2013

Landscape artists who inspire me

It's nearly plein air season!  Paint Snow Hill 2013 is only a month away. I've been looking at some of my favorite artists to get the creative juices flowing. I have been poring over the acrylic knife paintings of Welsh artist Matthew Snowden. I stumbled on his artwork quite by accident when I was doing some genealogy research. Maine artist Tim Beavis' dunescapes have had my attention for several years now. I love--LOVE--the small town images created by New Hampshire artist Stacey Durand. Maybe I'll do more work in downtown Snow Hill this year instead of "in the highways, in the hedges" like usual. We'll see.

Also I am taking a portrait painting e-class in April taught by mixed media artist Regina Lord. I really love painting people, but it's been several years since I've actually done any portrait painting. So I am looking forward to getting back into that groove as well.

Oh, and although it's going to be spring any day now, I've been knitting a new sweater for Mo. I'll post some pics soon.

Have an artful Thursday!

No comments: