Monday, March 12, 2012
1. Yes, this photo kills me. The sunglasses. The walking around. The terrible job I did trimming her bangs. Kills me.
2. Yes, Mo was a little old to have a serious case of RSV. The main reason for the hospital stay was the combination of her high fever and dehydration. She couldn't keep down the oral ibuprofen and acetaminophen--or anything else she ate or drank--at home.
3. No, there's usually not a sea of vomit with RSV. It's generally a lung infection that causes breathing trouble. But Mo's lungs sounded and looked good throughout. The hospital's pediatrician said she had seen a number of RSV cases this season with gastrointestinal symptoms. She suspects the virus is changing.
4. No, I am not eating gluten free anymore. My new year's resolution was to stop listening to my doctor because avoiding gluten is a pain in my butt. And if I don't need to do it I'm not. Tomorrow I go in for bloodwork, so I will know soon how that's working out for me.
5. And while we're on the subject of resolutions I saw someone on the internets wrote something like, "If you don't have enough time to do what you want to do, turn off the tv." So true. I have enough time (baby permitting), just too much screen time and mindless distractions eating it up. So first I quit the moms meetup group. Then I pared down the blogroll I follow. And I saw that Theresa ditched FaceBook--very tempting! And in a fit of mental housekeeping I considered deleting my blog but stopped short. So I'm trying to stay away from the computer during the day. Success is mixed.
6. No, I won't be joining Pinterest anytime soon. I'm concerned that I will spend more time bookmarking than actually doing/making, and in the end it will make me less creative and productive.