Sunday, October 30, 2011

I've been missing the best part

Taggy blanket

More quick one-handed blogging. I hate tags on stuffed animals and cut them off of a lot of the baby's toys. Then I noticed that the tags are her favorite part of most toys. Who knew? To make up for my tag-ignorance, I whipped up this taggy blanket for Momo (over a month ago) in a single evening. It's cotton on one side, flannel on the other, little scrap of cotton batting in the middle, and an assortment of ribbon tags from my stash around the edge. All different textures, colors, sizes. After a dozen times though the laundry, I ripped off all of the pink tags. They turned out to be poor quality ribbon, and I didn't want her to swallow them.

Happy with her new toy

Selecting a tag to chew

She loves it! (Pictures from mid-September.) Especially the owl ribbon. There are so many things that I want to make for Maureen, and having a baby in the house is the biggest obstacle to making things for the baby....

3 comments:

old dog said...

This is such a cute idea. What a terrific feast of color and texture and fun.

Rebecca said...

Love it! Happy Halloween!

Mo said...

dude. you could so sell those. I have seen a "taggy" ball somewhere-it is totally a thing.