Monday, August 22, 2011

Rock out with your clock out

Joan Jett

Last night was the first time Robb and I have gone out without the baby since she was born. Charlene came to babysit. We were about a mile from the house, and Robb asked how I was doing.

"I'm freaking out."

I knew Charlene would be fine with Mo. I was just secretly hoping that the violent thunder storms would not completely miss us, and the concert would be tragically called off. I'm glad it wasn't canceled.

ZZ Top 2

We saw Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and ZZ Top at the Calvert Marine Museum. Neither of them are bands we would have ordinarily sought out or paid to see. But YAY, free tickets! CMM has a nice setup for concerts. Last summer we saw Pat Benatar and REO Speedwagon. My favorite Joan Jett song is I Hate Myself for Loving You--it's one of the two JJ songs I know. She was good and all, but then...

ZZ Top 3

...after Robb and I were momentarily confused--"Wait, I thought there were supposed to be four guys with beards???..."--I realized I am secretly a ZZ Top fan.

ZZ Top 4

It was a secret I had been keeping from myself. They were AWE. SOME. When I was born ZZ Top had already been together for a decade. But these old guys know how to rock.

ZZ Top 5

Check out that crazy drum kit. And I think their jackets were decorated with bedazzled pot leaves.

ZZ Top 7

We tried not to check what time it was on the cell phone too often during the show but couldn't help it. We stayed until the end and got home at 10:45pm. Mo was fine.

Huge sigh of relief.

No comments: