Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homemade kind of day

Mmmm...

Yesterday was a very nice, low key kind of birthday. I made these cookies (minus the browned butter because I can only cram so many tasks in between baby feedings). And yum. My baking buddies hung out in the kitchen with me. Robb made me dinner, and then stuck 3 candles in an ice cream cake. I will be listening to my mix cds in the car today. Love them!

Baking buddies

I also made a rice pillow for Aunt Julie. It's green. I forgot to take a picture. She's undergoing cancer treatment and has been complaining of a sore shoulder. I thought a warm hug might help. We'll see her over the weekend. Tonight we are driving to the beach because this weekend is Paint Snow Hill 2011.

Tea towels, dish cloths and cookies

If you are in the neighborhood, please come to the Wet Paint Show & Sale on Sunday, April 17, from 1-4 PM. It's at the Old Firehouse on Green Street and will be the only chance to see and purchase paintings created by 60 artists during the 8th Annual Paint Snow Hill. Participating artists come from 5 states. We will be painting throughout the Snow Hill area April 15-16. 25% of sales support Snow Hill's Arts & Entertainment Program. Hope to see you there!

(No, there won't be any cookies left by then.)

No comments: