Monday, November 8, 2010

The craft fair cometh

I should be up to my eyebrows in craft fair prep right now. But all I can think about is shampooing the carpets. I'm obsessed with the thought of it. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about the rugs. And the dusting. You should see the dust in this house. Every surface needs a good wipe down. Especially the tops of the picture frames. And the inside of the refrigerator needs scrubbing. And the wood furniture looks really thirsty. Where did I put the Old English?...  Thus, with nine weeks until the baby's due date, the nesting has begun in earnest. I must resist the urge to clean. At least until the Grace Church Holiday Craft Fair has come and gone. Yep, it's that time of year again!

Eleventh hour scarves

You are most cordially invited to the annual Holiday Craft Fair at Grace United Church of Christ taking place on Saturday, November 13th, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Grace Church is located in the Federal Hill neighborhood at 1404 S. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. (Here are drving directions.)

This is my fourth year participating in the event. It's been a comparatively lazy craft year for me, what with pregnancy sapping all my energy. But I will be bringing all of the chunky scarves pictured above. And those 4 balls of yarn will have become scarves by Saturday, too. This week I'll be sharing photos of some of the other goodies coming to the fair with me this weekend.

Other items on sale at the fair include The Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Longaberger, Lia Sophia Jewelry, Cookie Lee Jewelry, and Arbonne. Church members will be busy this week working on homemade baked goods to fuel the ever-entertaining cake walk. As always you will find Grace Church cook books and personalized glass Christmas ornaments. And who can resist the spectacle of Robb wheeling and dealing at the yard sale? You're sure to go home with some holiday treasures. Stop on by and have lunch with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Laura. You know, the one that doesn't know how to make her name show up. I am going to try to make it down to the craft fair. Those scarves look like perfect Christmas gifts! I'd love to see some of your watercolors there as well, but I know all too well how exhausting pregnancies are!! Either way, I'm sure there will be lots of gifts to be had!!