Sunday, November 24, 2013

Whew-wee it's cold

I found an ugly Christmas sweater at the thrift store this week. It's a vest that is covered with beaded tree ornaments, and upon each bauble rides a creepy elf.  I need it for my book club's holiday pot luck and ugly Christmas sweater party in three weeks. It set me back four dollars, and I was feeling guilty about spending so much--until I saw that new ones are $18.99 at The Walmart. That made me feel a little better. So when you see me sporting my leering elf sweater this holiday season, you'll know that I'm trying to get my four dollars' worth out of it.

This morning Mo and I worked on her homemade ornament project. Last year we made salt dough ornaments for our loved ones. The first batch were too thick and many of them never fully dried even after HOURS in the oven. The second batch went smoother, but then the clear gloss varnish was really stinky... This year we worked with foam stickers to create snowmen and women. Mo finished 16 of them before melting down into a sticker-grabbing monster, so I consider this a very successful project. She still needs to write her name on the backs, but we'll do that part another day. Sorry no previews photos.

11/25/13 .PS. - Just for the record it was 18 degrees with the windchill this morning!

No comments: