Thursday, February 3, 2011

One month

One month old

I can't believe Maureen is already a month old. I'm still digesting the magical concept of how she possibly exists. That she exists, though, is as concrete as the purple circles under my eyes. We have deep conversations in the dark shallow hours of the morning.

Mommy: Did you see that news report on Egypt?
Maureen: GAAH!
Mommy: Of course you would say that since you are a tiny dictator, too.
Maureen: NEEE!
Mommy: Well, if you heard what John Stewart had to say you might not feel that way.

She saw her pediatrician today and got some new stats. She weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces and is 20.5" long. This is excellent news. We are so glad she has finally surpassed her birth weight. And by "we" I mean "me" because I can stop with the breastfeeding death march schedule and switch to on-demand feeding.

(Crap, I mentioned my boobs again. Apparently I am powerless to avoid the topic.)

Oops, gotta run. The tiny dictator is hungry again. Boobs!

No comments: